Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Immigration....

Ok so I am going to attempt to discuss the topic of immigration. Now the first thing that most Americans think of when the word immigrant is thrown around is Hispanics emphasis on Mexicans. I made the comment in class last week that I had some "creative" idea's for the Mexican border and after that comment almost instantaneously Ms. Peluso said what about the Canadian border. Well I am not going to just focus on the immigrants from the countries that border The U.S. but I am very interested in tackling immigration as a whole. I am going to focus on the U.S. of coarse and go into our policies and I hope to gather statistics on all races in the country that are so called immigrants. Now I am prior service (Army), I now work for the government and I am a conservative. I certainly have a strong opinion on the subject and that is why I chose "immigration". With your feedback may we as professionals can learn and help each other understand our individual opinions.

BB

2 comments:

Julie P.Q. said...

Hey Ben,

I think your exploring this topic is great, and here's why: looking at this from an international perspective is important not only for us to learn where we are, but to see world trends in how populations move, survive, and thrive in new places. I look forward to reading your blog!

nova immigration said...

Hello Ben,

I like the way you are writing this blog. One of the things that I like the most is that you are concentrating in all fronts and not only in the Mexican Border. Just a sugestion, it would be nice if you can include some of the history of immigration.

Good luck with your writing.