Thursday, March 29, 2007

Writing what I know about my topic...!

In my initial blog that I posted last week I said that when most Americans hear the word immigration they instantly think Hispanics with an emphasis on Mexicans. I can honestly say that I used to think the very same way. I am not going to just focus on the two countries that border the U.S. I would rather take a look at immigration as a whole. I will be the first to admit that i know very little about the subject which is the main reason I chose it. Being born and raised in Virginia I can honestly say that I have never had to deal with immigration laws or policies so I can not agree nor disagree with them but in the next couple of weeks I plan to dive head first in to the always disputable and controversial immigration laws, policies and, statistics in the U.S.

Here are just a few topics I hope to discuss during this coarse.....

(1) What makes the U.S. such a desirable place?

(2) What are the intentions of immigrants immigrating illegally?

(3) What is the current process to gain a Green Card?

(4) As American citizens what do you think should be the minimum requirements to be granted U.S. citizenship?

(5) How do immigrants enter the U.S.

(6) What are the statistics on immigrants in the U.S. (Illegal or legal)?

(7) What is the ethnic break down on immigrants in the U.S. (illegal or legal)?

(8) What job or profession do the majority of illegal immigrants obtain and what is the average yearly income per household?

(9) Ilegal immigrants and health care.

(10) How do we stop illegal immigration

By looking at Ms. Peluso's syllabus for this class it looks like we have to write around 10 blogs on our respective subjects. Per above I have written down 9 topics on my subject I would like to discuss and plan on discussing one each week.
BB

1 comment:

Julie P.Q. said...

Ben,
This is an excellent start. If you attempted to answer all those questions you might just have to write a book or keep this blog up indefinitely! I think those questions are great topic starters, and I hope to learn from your research.